Friday, May 20, 2011

Random thought

A rare thing happened this morning. I woke up before the alarm went off. It could have been Ruby snoring in my ear. Or her straight-legged sticks jabbing me in the back. Or Portland’s bright sunlight finally showing up for Spring. Whatever the reason, I finally felt like I caught up on some sleep.

During the morning feed/playtime, I dreamily stared at Milo. When you have babies, you realize how quickly time moves and also how slow it can be when you wish for easier times. Weird, right? Milo reminded me of Elvis Perkin’s While You Were Sleeping. His face was different. A bit more plump. His hair was it’s usual feathery light, silky texture. But more of it. He was simply beautiful.

I told Dominic the other day, “They’re gorgeous. Just gorgeous.” He said, “Yeah, they’re prettier than we’ll ever be.” I married this man for his sense of humor.



No comments:

Post a Comment