Thursday, February 17, 2011

Full Speed Ahead

When we had our photoshoot on February 3, the babies were a bit wobbly when sitting up on their own. Dominic and I were just out of frame and on alert for when they toppled over.

Well, things have accelerated at warp speed and the boys are crawling like crazy and standing up in their cribs. The sight of them standing on their own in their cribs is adorable and frightening as our time sitting back and observing as parents is over. We are now on baby safety patrol. One arm reaching to stabilize Milo while one leg is pegged on Luca as he is crawling toward the heater. The other day I had a chilling moment when I shut the door and realized there was some resistance when the doorknob clicked. For a split second, I thought I had shut it on a baby finger. I was preoccupied with one wet baby in my arms while the other one curiously followed me around in his walker. Oh my God. I was reliving an incident when I accidentally squeezed my little cousin’s finger when for some bizarre reason he slipped his finger in the door crack right when I was closing the door (why? oh why?). He screamed before any damage was done. Luckily it was not baby finger that I squeezed the door on but the cord on the baby monitor.

Pray for us.

1 comment: